Findacure Scientific Conference 2017
Tickets are now on sale on our Eventbrite page
Findacure is pleased to announce our 2017 Scientific Conference on Drug Repurposing for Rare Diseases! Our annual scientific conference will be taking place at the Royal College of Nursing on 28th February, to mark Rare Disease Day 2017.
This day long event seeks to create a forum that brings together patient groups, clinicians, researchers, biotech companies, and the pharmaceutical industry to discuss the role that drug repurposing can play in the future of rare disease treatment.
- 09:30 Registration
- 10:00 Dr Rick Thompson Head of Research, Findacure
Welcome and introduction to drug repurposing for rare diseases
- 10:30 Prof. Tim Barrett Director, NIHR Clinical Research Facility
………. .Treating an ultra rare condition: clinician led repurposing for
- 11:00 Georgia Hart and Bev Hart Family affected by Friedreich’s ataxia
Clinical trials – why bother?
- 11:30 Tea break
- 12:00 Caroline Kant Founder & Executive Director, EspeRare Foundation
Repurposing shelved compounds for rare diseases
- 12:30 Dr Christine Charman External Program Lead, TAK-celerator, Takeda
Tak-celerator – introducing a new business model to accelerate
…………development of therapies in rare diseases
- 13:00 Lunch
- 14:00 Dr Daniel O’Connor Medical Assessor, MHRA & Jonathan
……… ..Underhill Medicines Clinical Advisor, NICE
Drug repurposing – regulation, implementation & optimisation
- 14:30 Lightning Talks
- 15:10 Tea break
- 15:40 Pan Pantziarka UK Representative, Anticancer fund
……. ….Repurposing drugs in rare cancers
- 16:10 Prizes for ‘The Student Voice’ essay competition 2016
- 16:20 Panel Discussion
- 17:00 Drinks reception and networking until 18:00
If you have any questions regarding the conference, please contact MaryRose, our Events Officer, at [email protected].
With thanks to our sponsors:
We would like to say thank you to our sponsors for providing financial support to cover the costs of this event. This event has been solely organised by Findacure and our sponsors have not determined the content.