Drug Repurposing for Rare
Drug Repurposing for Rare Diseases 2021
15th – 16th June 2021
Online via Swapcard
Findacure’s Drug Repurposing for Rare Diseases Conference is back for an eighth year, and this time, it’s gone virtual!
#DrugRepo21 begins in
Our annual repurposing conference highlights the best examples of repurposing in the field of rare diseases. An event distinctive in its collaborative and multi-stakeholder focus, our conference invites patient groups, researchers, medical professionals and industry representatives to showcase innovative repurposing projects and encourage conversation between all members of the rare disease field.
Naturally, this year’s conference will be a little different. COVID-19 has forced us online, but in grabbing the world’s attention, it has also become the poster boy for the power of drug repurposing. In a matter of months, scientists successfully repurposed dexamethasone to treat COVID-19, so why can’t the same urgency be applied to rare diseases?
With awareness of drug repurposing at an all-time high, we have a unique opportunity to drive forward the agenda, demonstrate the potential of repurposing for rare diseases, and bring about lasting change for patients around the globe.
Let's take centre stage and harness the true power of drug repurposing whilst all eyes are on this cost-effect alternative to drug development.
With thanks to our sponsors
What can attendees expect?
We are building a diverse and inclusive rare disease community that works together to solve the common issues facing the world’s rare disease patients.
Through attending our conference, you will find an audience encompassing the pharmaceutical industry, patient groups, clinicians, charities, academic researchers, biotech companies, consultancies, and policymakers. All are brought together to highlight progress in the field of rare diseases and spark new collaborations.
At Drug Repurposing for Rare Diseases 2021 you can expect:
- A series of livestreamed presentations delivered by experts from across the rare disease community.
- Examples of projects that are breaking new ground in the field of drug repurposing.
- A positive and collaborative atmosphere, with a focus on putting the patient at the heart of research.
- Interactive workshops to address your most pressing questions in repurposing research.
- Panel sessions and breakout rooms to instigate discussion and facilitate delegate participation.
- Exhibitions from patient groups and industry.
- A dedicated patient group poster zone.
- Built-in time to network with an audience of over 200 delegates passionate about bringing change for rare disease patients.
Copyright © Findacure 2020 | Registered Charity no: 1149646 | Company Registration: 8174973