Masterclass | Public Speaking and Presenting for Patient Group Leaders
3rd November at 11:00 am - 17th November at 12:30 am
We are excited to announce our newest project for patient group leaders: the Public Speaking and Presenting Masterclass series!
As key advocates for their rare disease, it is important that patient group leaders have the skills to be able to seize every opportunity to aid their community.
Presenting at events and conferences, pitching to potential sponsors/partners and speaking to the press are all great ways to raise awareness for your rare disease and help your organisation reach its goals. However, public speaking can be a daunting task especially if it is a new experience. The aim of this masterclass series is to give patient group leaders the skills to speak and present with confidence in any situation and therefore, be the best advocates possible for their rare community.
How will it work…
- The masterclass will include three separate 90-minute sessions spread over the first three weeks of November
- Sessions one and three will be led by expert trainer Fiona Kearns from Kearns Consultancy and will focus on public speaking
- Session two will be led by the Findacure team and will be specifically focused on presentation skills.
- Each day will be interactive, attendees will have the chance to test out their presenting skills and receive expert feedback!
- Attendees will be expected to attend each week as the sessions will build upon the skills learnt in the previous week
Check out below for a breakdown of each session!
11:00am - 12:30pm, Wednesday 3rd November
Session one will be led by expert trainer Fiona Kearns and will focus on the core skills that are required to be a proficient public speaker
You will learn:
– How to structure a talk/pitch
– How to use stories to create an emotional response
Attendees homework will be to use the skills acquired in the session to craft a talk of their own!
11:00am - 12:30pm, Wednesday 10th November
This week of the masterclass will focus specifically on presentations!
You will learn:
– How to put together a cohesive presentation
– The technical skills you need to build an online presentation
– Ticks and tricks for presenting virtually
11:00am - 12:30pm, Wednesday 17th November
The masterclass series will conclude with a final session led by Fiona, where patient group leaders will deliver the talk they have been working on to the group and receive expert feedback.
During this session, you will also learn:
– How to speak with confidence
– Practical tips and tricks for managing nerves
– How to create a powerful call to action
The masterclass series will be hosted on Zoom, joining details will be sent to attendees upon registration.