- This event has passed.
Rare Chat | Rare disease and employment
28th April at 10:00 am - 11:30 am
During our next RareChat on Wednesday 28th of April at 10am we will be discussing the effects of having a rare condition on life in the workplace.
Having or caring for someone with a rare condition can have a huge impact on the day-to-day lives of those in our community. Managing care commitments, healthcare appointments and treatments while maintaining full or part-time employment can be incredibly challenging.
This RareChat will give you the opportunity to share your personal experiences of being a rare patient or carer within the world of work with others in the rare community. We will discuss the workplace support that members of your community are seeking and the role that patient groups are playing in this.
Come ready to discuss:
- Challenges you and your community have faced being a rare patient or carer in the workplace as well as ways to address these problems
- Experiences surrounding applying for jobs and the interview process
- Ways in which employers or the healthcare system have helped or hindered your experience of employment
- Any policies you have encountered that support and encourage rare disease in the workplace
- Your experiences of managing healthcare appointments while holding down employment
Claim your free ticket now to share your thoughts and insights with your fellow patient group leaders!