- This event has passed.
Transforming rare science into treatments workshop
19th November, 2018 at 10:30 am - 5:00 pm
How can patient groups help to transform rare science into treatments and successfully navigate the “translational valley of death”.
Findacure, in collaboration with LifeArc, is delighted to announce its next workshop on translational research. The workshop will address a number of important issues designed to help patient groups and their academic and clinical collaborators understand how to turn laboratory science into effective treatments for rare disease patients.
10:40 Translating translation
– Catriona Crombie, Philanthropic Fund Manager, LifeArc
11:10 Delivering a translational research programme
– Dr Chris Kingswood, Trustee, Tuberous Sclerosis Association
11:40 Tea break
12:00 How can patient groups directly support a clinical trial?
– Ciarán Scott, Communications Manager, AKU Society
& Prof. Lakshminarayan Ranganath, Trustee, AKU Society
13:30 Funding a translational research programme
– Dr Louise Jones, Head of Translation and Innovation, MRC
14:00 Delivering translational research programmes
– Dr Pamela Tranter, Head of Translational Research Group, UCL
14:30 Comfort break
14:45 Group discussion
16:15 Panel Session
16:45 End of workshop and networking