- This event has passed.
Workshop: leading a rare patient group
22nd January at 10:30 am - 4:30 pm
Findacure is delighted to announce its next training workshop, which will provide a comprehensive introduction to the theories of leadership and guide attendees through developing personal and professional leadership skills
What will be covered?
- What defines a good leader?
- The roles and responsibilities of leadership, and how leadership differs from management.
- Shared experiences of transitioning from a parent, carer, or patient into leader of a rare disease patient group.
- Personal development training; identifying and utilising your strengths, building confidence, becoming a figurehead for your organisation.
- Leadership skills training: understanding different styles of leadership, developing emotional intelligence, leading others.
The workshop’s training sessions will be delivered by Julian Stanley – Executive Coach, Leadership Development, and Mental Health and Wellbeing Consultant.
Frequently asked questions
Who can sign up?
Anyone in the rare disease space is welcome to attend, however this workshop will be most beneficial to individuals who lead rare disease patient groups or charities, or anyone who is considering setting up a patient support group.
Will lunch be provided?
Yes – lunch and refreshments will be provided. If you have any special requirements, please note this in your registration form.
Do you cover expenses?
Findacure will reimburse travel expenses for rare disease patients, carers, patient groups and charities, up to the total value of £75.00 per person.
If your travel is likely to exceed this amount, please contact email@example.com ahead of the event so we can discuss whether further reimbursement will be possible.
All expenses, other than mileage, must be accompanied by valid receipts.
For further information on our expenses policy, please click here.
Findacure workshops are free for everyone. However, as spaces are limited, we kindly request that you only sign up for an event if you are confident you will be able to attend.
Findacure would like to thank The National Lottery Community Fund for providing funding for The Empowerment Programme.